web site design
The most important element of a good website is good marketing!
It has been proven that a flyer with poor graphic design but good marketing tactics, will out perform a flyer that looks amazing but has little or no marketing behind it. The same fact is true with websites.
What is the problem?
Web designers usually have one of two different backgrounds; One – they have a graphic design background and are typically great at making a site look good. Two – they have a technical background and are great at building sites that function well. These elements are both crucial to your website. However, if they are not developed with good marketing direction you will not get the results you want.
The problem is that vast majority of web developers have no experience or background in marketing. To make matters worse, most small to medium size businesses can not afford to have a marketing expert on staff to ensure their site is built with a good marketing foundation.
If you currently have a website, ask yourself these questions:
- Can you easily see the traffic patterns on your site in order to identify where it needs improving?
- Do you know where your traffic is coming from?
- Does your site speak directly to your target market?
- Does your site clearly identify your unique selling points?
- Can you easily update images and content yourself so that your website stays current?
- Does your website tell your prospects exactly what action you want them to take?
- Can you easily measure the effectiveness of your website?
If you can’t answer yes to all of these questions your website may be costing you money!
What is the solution?
When you are ready to design a website or redesign the one you have, make sure the website company you choose, above all else, REALLY understands marketing. Making your website look good and function well is important. However, effective marketing should be the foundation of the design.
How do we get results?
We simply start at the beginning. You can’t design an effective website without understanding a little bit about your current market situation. We start by gathering information such as:
- Who is your target market?
- Who is your direct and indirect competition?
- What are your unique selling points (USP’s)?
- What action do you want your online traffic to take?
- Where will your traffic come from?
- How will your traffic contact you?
- What system is in place at the contact point?
- What are the short and long term goals of your website?
- How your website will interact with your current marketing campaigns?
- What are the projections for traffic, sales and capacity?
- What are the future requirements for data collection?
If your current information is incomplete or just out of date, don’t worry. We can get it for you!
Once we have asked the right questions and gathered the information we then put together a strategic plan that incorporates proven marketing tactics to ensure that your website reaches its full potential.
What makes our websites more intelligent?
Our marketing expertise doesn’t stop with the plan. We design every aspect of your website with strong marketing concepts in mind. A few of our unique marketing technologies that we can incorporate into websites include:
Taking your website away from the IT department
Your website is a sales and marketing tool and thus should be maintained by people who understand sales and marketing. With our custom content management system anyone with any level of computer knowledge can quickly and easily update images and content in real time! Saving you resources, time and eliminating communication problems between departments. Therefore the graphics team can make it look great, and the marketing team can make it really work.
Having your website personalize itself to your individual client’s interests
We call this Interactive Relationship Marketing (IRM). We use web and database technologies to create a measurable and interactive profile of your individual clients and website visitors. This allows your website to interact with each individual visitor, customizing the images and content to best suit their interests. This makes your site more customer focused and best of all, more profitable!
Make better informed decisions
The first step to obtain more information about your clients or about your own internal processes is to intelligently record information for future reporting. InterGlobal’s experienced staff can get you started with intelligent data collection and provide systems to continuously collect, monitor, and measure data to help you make better informed decisions.
Continually evaluate and improve your website
With our custom content management system combined with our customized web statistics package you can easily identify traffic patterns on your website. This allows you to quickly evaluate your site to see what is working well, what needs improvement, and to decide where resources should be allocated.